Tuesday 24 July 2012

Wet In A Different City

Frank McCourt portrayed our lovely little city as being constantly wet, damp, drizzled upon and miserable in his book Angela's Ashes. If you were to visit us in the very recent past one could hardly convince you otherwise.
(Because it has been wet, damp, drizzled and downpoured upon, though it's hardly ever miserable! The music alone in this town would cheer Scrooge!)

So today we took ourselves on a day trip to Cork City, about 100Km from here. They seem to have taken a like to our weather!
(At least we were wet in a different city!)

All in all it was a good day out, and I did something I very rarely do.
I bought shoes! (Albeit special shoes, said to make one's hair grow back (maybe not!) but could possibly help ease my back problems.)

The English Market in Cork City is a wonderful joy of smells and sounds and sights.








16 comments:

  1. Very cool photos but I sure hope you didn't let Helena get too close to that fish! He'd have her for lunch!!!

    Why is it not the Irish Market? You are in Ireland, after all... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Map. You have the ugliest fish out your way mate

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks a splendid shopping place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only on the Emerald Isle would they invent a pair of magic shoes that will grow hair. I pray it works. Fantastic pics. I've always been partial to black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice piece of fish, good luck with the sannies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really truly fantastic photos, and it's cool to see them all laid out like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you said "wet in a different city" for some reason I thought you meant Glasgow!
    Hell, we can do wet....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel a sense of kinship as it absolutely POURED here last night, with enough lightning for YOU to be able to see.

    Love seeing your world through your eyes. Thanks for bringing us along.

    Hmmm, I don't have the girl gene for shoe shopping...but if it turned my baby fine hair into something magnificent, I might try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pon; Just for you I decided to do some investigating into why The English Market is so called and..... ooh look, shiny things! :¬)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tempo; Ugly fish? You should see the sheep! :¬)

    Pat; It is, and a very famous market it is. I believe Liz & Phil have been! :¬)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. UB; My problem is that it won't stop growing! It's a bastard shaving the face AND heid every day! :¬)

    Sausage; Sannies? As in weed? :¬0

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leah; thank you my friend, coming from you that means a lot! :¬)

    xxx

    Macy; Maybe that's why I have such a draw to Glasgow! Soon. :¬)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope; I absolutely HATE shoe shopping. I really have to be down to my socks before I'm forced to buy new shoes! I have quite big feet so most shoes look like small boats on me, which I suppose works quite well with the recent inclement weather! :¬)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great set of photos - you've really captured a mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh for the love of Jaysus, it was called the E*glish market because it was founded by the prods in 1788.

    Next week I'll be sitting you down for more lessons on oul Ireland and you wee man will be sitting at the front where I can keep an eye on yis.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kim; Thanks! :¬)

    Seamus; Yessur Brother Seamus Sur. :/

    ReplyDelete