Wednesday 22 June 2011

Helen.


I was just going to do a re-post, being the lazy bastard that I am, but I spent so much time reading my old posts, remembering too much (and NOT finding the one I wanted to post again!) that I decided it's gonna be much easier to write a new one!




(She OWNED this song!!)


It's 1:45am, the 23rd of June 2011, and exactly two years ago at this time I was sat in a room in a hospice with all of my family, some sitting, some standing, some crouched on the floor, all gathered around my dear sister Helen. It was probably the most surreal and real moment of my life. Almost 50 of the closest people in my life, all gathered together to witness, and share in the final moments of one we all loved so dearly.

Two years seems so long ago, and yet, seems like yesterday.

I still hear her laugh, see her smile, feel her love.

7 comments:

  1. A lovely way to remember a beloved sister. And how comforting to leave this world surrounded by loved ones. One couldn't ask for more.
    Rest in peace Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pal, it'll never seem long ago. All good wishes from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have my heart, brother. xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a good man, Map.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is with you always, Map. In your heart and in your memories. The surrealness carries on for many years, I can attest to that. But to know that she was surrounded by so many who loved her so dearly in her last moments is testimony to what a wonderful person she was... and all of you are. Massive hugs at a difficult time. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful that you were able to be with her and her with you and all her loved ones during those last moments - so so fortunate and beautiful for all of you - there is no doubt she continues to bask in the glory of all that love - hugs and much love - gypsy

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete