Friday 21 December 2018

Hey There! :)

Hello me auld flowers, I'm still here! I hope you are all well. Lots of changes since my last post. I've retired the band after 37 years on the road but I'm still performing, albeit sporadically, as a solo performer. I have also gone back to my previous job as a courier at the airport, reuniting weary travellers with their lost luggage!  I enjoy it, most of the time.
UK daughter is coming home for Christmas, a whole week! We can't wait to see her! China daughter is not gonna make it, so it will be our first ever Christmas without the whole family together. This year I am cooking dinner and bringing it all across the street to my MIL's house. She usually comes to us but her mobility is so bad these days the effort is too much for her, and we don't dare mention a wheelchair!
I get to perform in my local pub on NYE, I'm really looking forward to seeing in the new year with all my pals and family.
I wish all of you who celebrate the season good cheer and a happy new year to one and all.
Love, Map.

6 comments:

  1. Have a very Happy Christmas, Mr Maps, and a spectacular New Year!!!!!
    Sxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas, and may the holidays be relaxed and joyful! With both of my children living away, i have discovered the benefit of video chats - skype, facetime, messenger, whatever... Being able to see them has helped me get comfortable through the transition to emptying nest! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and your family all the very best over Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll *always* be performing somewhere. I'd like to see you give it up! Ha!

    ReplyDelete