Wednesday 12 June 2013

Best Laid Plans

The Ma is in hospital, her second time in the past week.
We had to call an ambulance last Saturday as her tongue swelled up almost filling her mouth. The paramedics think she was either stung by wasp/bee/insect or had an adverse reaction to meds. The hospital kept her in overnight for observation and she came home on Sunday afternoon.

On Tuesday she was back for some tests for an unrelated problem and the docs decided to admit her again. She was very upset but calmed as soon as they found a bed for her.
She is doing well and hopefully will be home again before the weekend.

Fortunately the hospital is just around the corner from my house so I've been able to pop in and out quite a bit. And I've been bumping into people I haven't seen in an age. We don't know we're born, as the say, 'til we witness some of the problems others have to cope with on a daily basis.

It was my birthday last Monday but celebrations were put on hold, (AWWWW!) though I did get lots of pressies & a cake. The family are getting together again this weekend (hopefully with Ma in tow) to celebrate my niece Emma's 18th birthday.
And Chef owes me a few pints and a bottle from the top shelf so I look forward, never back.  :¬)

(And a BIG thank you to sav & hope for the birthday posts! I am blessed with friends!)


4 comments:

  1. All good wishes to your dear mother. I'm not a churchy kind of guy but I'll put some spiritual thoughts out there for her speedy recovery.

    And a happy birthday to you, sir. My lord. Another one. Many more to you. And to your niece, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Jays, I knew something was no right. Give your ma a big hug from Siobhan and masel, tell her we was asking for her. Keep me informed of her progress, if you need anything, shout, reet?

    Don't worry too much about missing your birthday, I drank your share, Padraig McCarthy sang a few songs in your absence, while Timmy Malloy passed around the hat and raised ten times the amount had it been you murdering a few of the auld tunes.

    Keep the faith wee man, strength in unity will see you through, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping she's back home and well in no time flat mate, and a Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of love and hugs are just as important as medicine...add mine to the pile and give my regards to Ma.

    My sis-in-law and I have birthdays 2 days apart and have always been "lumped" together celebrations. My joke is between hers, mine and our families we can stretch out the fun for a week. Happy Birthday again. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete